Soliloquy presents bright fruit and acidity that isnicely tempered by flavors of melon and fig. The finish features hints of creaminess that is balanced by touches of minerality.
This is a blend of casks from two distilleries in Jamaica: Monymusk and Hampden. The latter distillery has Scottish roots, and is one of the oldest sugar plantations in the country. It has always been known as a rum distillery of high calibre, making spirit for blending. This XO rum was bottled by Mezan, and it is a blend of rums aged between 4 and 23 years of age, re-casked and allowed to marry for many years before bottling.
|(53% Soliloquy Sauvignon Blanc clone/47% Sauvignon Musque clone). This single vineyard was named after the varietal and the parcel from which it is grown. Flora Springs has developed a proprietary clone of Sauvignon Blanc that has been certified by UC Davis as the “Soliloquy” Sauvignon Blanc clone. Following fermentation, the wine matured sur lie for seven months in three different vessels: concrete, stainless steel and stainless barrels.
|Founded in 1978 in the heart of Napa Valley, Flora Springs has been a family affair for more than three decades, developing an admirable record for producing high quality, region-specific wines. Now in their third generation of stewardship, the Komes and Garvey families own 650 acres of vineyards throughout five appellations in the Napa Valley – Carneros, Oakville, Rutherford, St. Helena and Pope Valley enabling them to maintain quality with estate grown, hand picked fruit. They select 20% of the finest fruit from each vintage for their own wines and sell the remaining 80% to neighboring wineries. From the beginning, as artisan farmers and winemakers, the family has employed sustainable vineyard practices. More recently they’ve converted 40% of their estate vineyards, which account for 90% of their red wines, to certified organic farming.